Wood Floor Cleaning
Wood floors have become one of the most sought-after features for homeowners around the country. They give any space a classic, high-end look, and they’re a durable and long-lasting flooring option. However, wood floors need regular maintenance in order to keep their beautiful appearance, but cleaning your wood floors on your own can be a difficult, time-consuming task. Luckily, Chem-Dry of Charleston offers industry-leading wood floor cleaning that combines cleaning, sanitizing, and polishing to revitalize and renew your wood floors.
We designed our Wood Floor Cleaning Process to work on solid hardwood floors and engineered wood floors alike. Over time, dirt, grime, bacteria, allergens, and debris naturally build up on the surface of your wood floors, and if that buildup isn’t regularly removed, it can leave behind permanent damage. Plus, no one wants that buildup of bacteria and allergens to linger in their home.
Chem-Dry of Charleston’s Wood Floor Cleaning process does more than just clean your floors. Its many benefits include:
- Removing dirt, pet and pollen allergens, smoke, bacteria, and grime
- Prolonging your floors’ lifespan
- Giving your floors a deeper clean as compared to mopping
- Creating a protective barrier to prevent future damage
- Leaving them with a durable, long-lasting shine
- Sanitizing and eliminating bacteria
- Using minimal moisture to prevent any potential damage
Why Choose Chem-Dry of Charleston?
While there are dozens and dozens of at-home products and do-it-yourself cleaning solutions for hardwood floors, these products can typically only give you short-term results. Depending on the product you use, at-home wood floor cleaning solutions can also cause unseen damage to your floors, and they don’t do anything to remove the buildup of dirt and grime from the beneath the surface of the wood.
Chem-Dry of Charleston’s professional Wood Cleaning Process is specifically designed to leave behind absolutely no damage to your floors, remove the buildup of dirt, grime, allergens, and bacteria, and extend the lifespan of your floors so that they look beautiful and new for years to come.
|Chem-Dry Wood Floor Cleaning||DIY Mopping|
|Uses a green-certified cleaning solution that’s safe for people & pets||
|Industry-leading equipment using counter-rotating brushes that reach beneath the surface of the wood for a deeper clean||
|Leaves behind a deeper clean that removes dirt, grime, & allergens from the wood grain||Surface cleaning that can’t penetrate the wood grain|
|Minimal water usage to protect the wood from damage||
|Professional-grade vacuum extracts moisture along with dirt and contaminants from your floors, leaving you with a cleaner home||Mop soaks up only a small portion of dirt and contaminants while spreading the rest around the floor and leaving it in your home|
|Our sanitizer eliminates bacteria and germs from wood grain and leaves you with a healthier home||At-home sanitizer can only remove bacteria from the surface, leaving germs remaining in wood grain to rise to the surface after cleaning|
|Our durable polish leaves behind a protective barrier and beautiful shine||DIY polish typically won’t last long or provide much protection from damage|
The Wood Floor Cleaning Process
- Our trained and experienced Wood Floor Cleaning Technicians will thoroughly inspect your floors to locate any scratches or blemishes.
- During the inspection, our wood cleaning professionals will also determine if your floors have an acrylic coating.
- Our Wood Floor Cleaning process is not designed to repair any deep scratches, gouges, discoloration, or stains on the wood, and it is also not intended for bare wood floors.
- Polish and Acrylic Coating Removal
- If our experts to find that your floors have a floor polish or acrylic coating, we will gently remove it using our Wood Floor Polish Remover.
- Deep Cleaning
- Next, we will perform a comprehensive deep cleaning of your wood floors using our green-certified cleaner that’s specifically formulated for wood. Our cleaner will remove any buildup of dirt, debris, and other contaminants from both the surface of the wood and deep within the wood grain.
- After cleaning is finished, you’ll be left with a sparkling clean, streak-free floor!
- You also have the option to have a sanitizer applied to your floors to remove even more unwanted bacteria and germs so that your home is cleaner and healthier than before.
- Wood Floor Polish
- As a final step, we apply our Wood Floor Polish to enhance the natural beauty of your floors and the grain of the wood. As an added bonus, our polish also leaves behind a protective layer on the surface of your wood to keep it safe from damage until the next cleaning.
Facts about Wood Floors
- They are a major investment for your home and can even increase its market value
- With proper maintenance, they are extremely durable and long-lasting
- When dirt, grime, and other contaminants become stuck to your floor, they can leave behind permanent damage
- Allergens and bacteria can work their way into the grain of the wood and impact the overall health of your home and family
Dirt, Allergens, and Bacteria in the Grain of Wood
Benefits of Wood Floor Cleaning
- Removes contaminants including, dirt, grime, smoke, and allergens like pet dander and pollen
- Sanitizes floors and eliminates bacteria, leaving behind a healthier home
- Applies a protective barrier to your floors to prevent future damage
- Extends the lifespan of your wood floors
- Applies a durable, healthy shine