Dryer Vent Cleaning
The Importance of Cleaning Dryer Vents
Your dryer vents may be easy to forget, but cleaning them regularly is an important part of ensuring that your home is clean and safe for your entire family.
Some of the warning signs that your dryer vent may be blocked or obstructed include:
- Excess lint behind the dryer
- Clothes taking longer to dry
- No lint on the lint screen
- Excess lint or pet hair on clothing
- Lint around the door seal
- Unusually hot dryer and clothing
- Moldy smell
Risks of Obstructed Dryer Vents
There are risks with ignoring these warning signs and not properly cleaning dryer vents. These risks include:
- Home fire – the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) warns that malfunctioning or poorly maintained clothes dryers and washing machines are one of the leading causes of home fires
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – gas dryers where the vents are blocked, obstructed or not properly maintained can cause carbon monoxide to build up in the home
- Mold Growth – blocked or obstructed dryer vents can’t effectively remove moisture as designed, causing moisture to be released into the home and possibly resulting in mold growth
Chem-Dry of Charleston offers professional Dryer Vent Cleaning using specialized equipment including cameras and powerful extraction equipment to completely clean your dryer vents.
Don't just take our word for it
I had my hardwood floors stripped, cleaned and polished. Andrew did an excellent job. The floors look amazing. I would highly recommend them.
My white sofa was beautifully cleaned. All dirt and stains were removed and stain protection applied. The service technician was friendly and worked hard, leaving the sofa looking like new. I will definitely use Chem-Dry again.
Technicians were pleasant, on time and did a fantastic job cleaning my carpets, stairs and granite floors.